Most of the mailboxes in walled villages in the New Territories are concentrated at the entrance of the village to facilitate the delivery of letters by postmen. Old mailboxes in Shung Him Tong Village, Fanling, are dilapidated, new mailboxes have been built beside the church.
Shung Him Tong Village, originally named Chung Ham Tong, is located in Fanling, New Territories, Hong Kong. It was founded in 1903 by Pastor Ling Kai-lin, a retired Hakka Basel missionary. It is a Hakka Christian community and a rare walled village in the New Territories with a church and no ancestral hall.